• Stars appear behind a dramatic landscape of rocky mountains, rolling hills, and fields of grass

    Santa Monica Mountains

    National Recreation Area California

Permit Office Contacts

How do I apply for a permit?

Requests for permits are taken by phone and/or e-mail in the order received. Leave a voice message and your call will be returned.

Below are a list of contact information for the Permit Office. Please contact the appropriate ranger for your activity.

Commercial Use Authorizations, Still Photography Permits, and Special Events

Office of Special Park Uses
Desk and voice mail: (805) 370-2308

Motion Picture and Filming Permits

Tony Hoffman
Filming Coordinator
National Park Service - Santa Monica Mountains
California State Parks - Angeles District
Desk and voice mail: (818) 880-0358

Did You Know?

Yellow Star thistle from texasinvasives.org

Invasive plant seeds and fruits can stick to you boots, shoelaces, backpacks and even pets! Check your gear! Make sure you’re not introducing harmful invasive species like the Yellow Star thistle to the Park, or into your back yard. More...