American Camp Visitor Center on Summer Schedule
The American Camp visitor center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through September 1. Grounds remain open daily from dawn to 11 p.m More »
English Camp Visitor Contact Station on Summer Schedule
The English Camp visitor contact station in the Royal Marine Barracks is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily through September 1. Grounds are open daily from dawn to 11 p.m.
San Juan Island National Historical Park offers several publications that provide information about the natural and cultural history of park landscapes and structures. A few are available online. To view a publication, please click on one of the links below or on a highlight in the far right column.
To receive a free, printed copy of the full-color park brochure by mail, please contact the Visitor Center Information Desk at 360-378-2240, ext. 2233 or e-mail. Printed copies of other park publications are available for $1 apiece.
Did You Know?
Belle Vue Sheep Farm, founded in 1853 on San Juan Island, was a classic HBC sheep station with two rows of tidy log houses, heavy-duty fencing for sheep pens and an English-style, double-bay barn. Its establishment created tensions that nearly brought war with the United States. More...