American Camp Visitor Center on Summer Schedule
The American Camp visitor center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through September 1. Grounds remain open daily from dawn to 11 p.m More »
English Camp Visitor Contact Station on Summer Schedule
The English Camp visitor contact station in the Royal Marine Barracks is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily through September 1. Grounds are open daily from dawn to 11 p.m.
Stein To Conduct Annual Archaeology Walk June 1
Contact: Mike Vouri, (360) 378-2240, ext. 2227
Contact: Douglas Halsey, (360) 378-2240, ext. 2228
The University of Washington's Dr. Julie Stein will discuss archaeological investigations of ancient cultures at American Camp and San Juan Island in a guided walk scheduled 10 a.m., Saturday, June 1 at American Camp's South Beach site.
This activity is one of 13 Special and 10 Weekly programs presented by the park in 2013. For more information about park programming follow this link.
Did You Know?
American Camp's Officers' Quarters, built in 1859-1860, is the oldest structure on San Juan Island. It may have once been home to Capt. George E. Pickett of Civil War fame.