Park on Summer Schedule
The American Camp visitor center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The English Camp contact station is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Grounds at both units are open from dawn to 11 p.m. These hours remain in effect through September 2. More »
Detours Around Downed Skagit Bridge Functioning Well
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WDOT) has posted the link below for both northbound and southbound detours around the collapsed Skagit River Bridge on Intertstate 5. More »
Minke whales regularly swim past South Beach at American Camp, but their dark, slim bodies, swift surfacing movements, and nearly invisible blows can be overlooked in all but the calmest sea. The smallest of baleen whales at 25 to 35 feet, they have sharply pointed snouts and will approach smaller boats out of curiosity.
Did You Know?
The English Camp barracks was originally used as the privates' mess until extended in 1867. During the restoration process in the early 1970's a pot of gold coins and currency was found in the attic. The treasure belonged to the Crook family, who settled on the site in 1875.