• American Camp parade ground looking west

    San Juan Island

    National Historical Park Washington

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • English Camp Visitor Contact Station on Winter Schedule

    The English Camp visitor contact station in the Royal Marine Barracks is closed for the season, starting September 2. Grounds are open daily from dawn to 11 p.m.

  • American Camp Visitor Center on Winter Schedule

    The American Camp visitor center is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily from September 2 to June 6, 2015. Grounds remain open daily from dawn to 11 p.m. Telephone 360-378-2240, ext. 2227 or 2226 for information. More »

Self-guided Pre-Visit Materials

English Camp blockhouse with wayside in foreground
English Camp's blockhouse is located along the self-guided walk trail on the parade ground. An exhibit wayside (foreground)provides information for those without self-guided walk booklets.
NPS Photo
 

Did You Know?

Belle Vue Sheep Farm in 1859

Belle Vue Sheep Farm, founded in 1853 on San Juan Island, was a classic HBC sheep station with two rows of tidy log houses, heavy-duty fencing for sheep pens and an English-style, double-bay barn. Its establishment created tensions that nearly brought war with the United States. More...