Guidelines for Visiting Artists
• Please keep all art materials off marble and stone surfaces or other surfaces that can be stained. Marble stains very easily, and some media cause irreparable damage.
• Please be aware that you may be asked to move your set-up if it interferes with visitor accessibility and enjoyment. Brick steps, pathways, doorways, entrances, and exits, must remain clear for other visitors to use. If you have any questions about your location, please ask a Ranger.
• Water and paper cups are available in both the parking lot rest area and the restroom at the Little Studio. Please do not use the garden fountains as a water source. If you use sinks in the restrooms, rinse the sinks with soap and water after disposing of water-based media only. Oil, acrylic, and other media residues must be packed out with you for cleaning off-site.
• Figure models must remain draped, as this is a public site and nudity may offend some visitors.
• Leave all benches, chairs, plants, or displays where they are, and refrain from touching sculptures or historic objects.
• Open art supplies, tripods, and easels are prohibited indoors and in the Atrium.
We hope that by following our guidelines, your visit here at Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site will inspire you as well as protect the site for others who come to experience the beauty.
For further information, call (603) 675-2175 x100