Hyde Street Pier Closed Mondays through Thursdays (July 24 - August 20)
For public safety, Hyde Street Pier will be closed mid-pier Mondays - Thursdays from July 24 - August 20 during replacement of Eureka's mooring piles. There is no access to the historic ships. The visitor center, Maritime Museum & Aquatic Park are open. More »
Multiple Days: 03/08/2014, 04/12/2014, 05/10/2014, 06/14/2014, 07/12/2014, 08/09/2014, 09/13/2014, 10/18/2014, 11/08/2014, 12/13/2014
Location: Hyde Street Pier | Map Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM Fee Information: $5 vessel admission, 15 and under free Contact Name: Visitor Center Information Desk Contact Email: e-mail us Contact Phone Number: 415-447-5000
Step into the past as you board the historic ships and meet the sailors and citizens of San Francisco's waterfront. Visit the ship's cook in the galley, learn about life in 1901 from ferry passengers on Eureka, join Mrs. Galan on the Ark houseboat for afternoon tea to discuss the issues of the day, and join the musical fun on Balclutha at the afternoon dogwatch.
- March 8: Suffragette March
- April 12: President McKinley visits Hyde Street Pier
- May 10: Make and Mend, knifemaking
- June 14: Chautauqua 1901
- July 12: Waterfront Strike
- August 9: Picnic on the beach
- September 13 : Living History visits the Sea Music Festival all day
- October 16 (Third Saturday, to miss Fleet Week): Ladies Seamen’s Friend Society.
- November 8: Hawaiian History Day 10-4
- December 14: Old Time Maritime Christmas (evening event 6-9pm)