• Canoeists paddle by tree lined shores

    Saint Croix

    National Scenic Riverway WI,MN


Lower River Camping Permit Information

Special Use Permits

Activities in the park, such as commercial filming and photography, conducting religious services, other First Amendment activities, weddings, adventure races, scientific research, and scattering of ashes, require a special use permit. These permits must be obtained in advance and may require fees and will be issued only after the National Park Service (NPS) determines that the activity will not cause damage to the park’s resources or values, visitor experiences, or the purpose for which the park was established. Permit fees are non-refundable and are based on an annual cost recovery analysis. These fees include the cost of permit processing, administration and the basic monitoring of the events.

Weddings- Fees $50 - $200

$50 – Wedding ceremony, no guests only the couple and witnesses and person performing the ceremony, no reception, but including short photo session. Allows up to 1.5 hours maximum including setup and cleanup.

$150. – Wedding ceremony, up to 50 guests (depending on location), no reception, including photo session. Allows up to 8 hours maximum including setup and cleanup.

$200 – Wedding ceremony, up to 50 guests (depending on location) and reception, including photo session. Allows up to 12 hours maximum including setup and cleanup.

Any applications received that include “special request” activities which will require additional staff time or necessitate a Ranger’s presence will incur an additional per-hour charge which will be added to the appropriate fee above.

*Please note: If we determine the need to restore the site of your event the cost to the Permittee for leaving trash in the park and any NPS post event clean-up is calculated at $39.00 per hour per NPS employee for a minimum of four hours. These charges are billed without notice.

Permit required and must be applied for at least 4 weeks in advance of the event. However, if you wish to reserve one of the shelters at Osceola Landing and Picnic Area, please plan well in advance as dates fill up fast.
Osceola Landing and Picnic Area

weddings not permitted in the landing area or parking lot.

alcohol is not allowed

group capacity is limited to 50 people – parking is very limited and carpooling is strongly encouraged.

Two shelters are available for reservation – no additional fee. Please call 715-483-2274 to check availability and reserve.

The Riverway is committed to a pack it in pack it out policy, no garbage facilities are available. All refuse must be removed by the Permittee.

Dumpsters may be brought in by a local garbage company as part of a contracted agreement between the Permittee and the garbage company

Other areas are also available without facilities. No areas can be reserved for the exclusive use of the wedding party with the exception of the shelters at Osceola. Park programs, activities, and the general public may be making use of the same general area.

Commercial Filming and Still Photography more...

Special Events

To include political events, bike races, walks and running events, ski races, fishing contests, canoe races and similar activities. Fees $50 - $210 more...

First Amendment Activities

No fee for permit more...

Scattering of Ashes

No fee for permit more...

Did You Know?