• Canoeists paddle by tree lined shores

    Saint Croix

    National Scenic Riverway WI,MN

Fees & Reservations

Free! There are no entrance or user fees at St. Croix NSR.

Reservations are not required for camping at the Riverway.

A Lower River Camping Permit is required if camping between St. Croix Falls, WI and north of Stillwater, MN. This free permit requires that you read and understand the regulations including that you need to bring a portable toilet with you for use. more... Still have questions, call 715-483-2274 or e-mail

Osceola Landing Picnic Shelters The picnic shelters can be reserved. Reservations can be made by e-mail or calling 715-483-2274 or for more information.

Weddings, Special Event Permits, Special Park Uses, and Osceola Picnic Shelter Reservations The St. Croix National Scenic Riverway's beautiful locations can be a great place for small weddings and special events. Visit this page to learn how to apply for a permit for weddings, special events, First Amendment activities, and scattering of ashes. Please e-mail or call 715-483-2261 with questions.

Filming and Photography Permits Generally, filming permits are required and are issued for photography, filming, and associated sound recordings when they involve props, models, professional crews, and casts or set dressings.

Permits are issued to ensure the protection of resources and to prevent disruption of normal visitor uses. Film permits are not required for visitors using personal cameras and/or recording devices for their own personal use or for sound technicians and film or video news crews at Breaking News events.

Scientific Research Permits Please visit the National Park Service's Research Permit and Reporting website for information regarding scientific research permits. Once you are on the website, click on "Applications" near the top of the left hand column. If you have any specific questions pertaining to research projects on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, please e-mail or call (715) 483-2282

Federal Recreational Passes The park does not issue the Federal Recreational Lands Annual or Senior Passes. The nearest location for purchasing the annual or senior passes is the Mississippi River Visitor Center, located in the Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul. The St. Croix River Visitor Center does issue the Access and U.S. Military passes to qualified individuals. Call 715-483-2274 for more information. The Access and U.S. Military passes are not available at the Namekagon River Visitor Center in Trego, Wisconsin.

Did You Know?