Public Meetings Scheduled for Highway 7 Recreation Improvements Plan
Contact: Kyle Patterson, 970-586-1363
Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) and the Boulder Ranger District of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) have completed the Highway 7 Recreation Improvements Plan and Environmental Assessment which proposes changes at Lily Lake and the Longs Peak Trailhead in RMNP and the Meeker Park Campground in the Roosevelt National Forest. The plan will be available for public review and comment for thirty days starting on June 1, 2009. The following public meetings have been scheduled:
All meetings will include the following:
▪ The purpose and objectives of the plan
▪ A summary of the issues identified by the public
▪ A detailed look at the proposed actions at the three sites
▪ Options for reviewing the plan and providing written comments
▪ A question and answer session with RMNP and USFS staff
Beginning June 1, 2009, the plan will be available for review and comment at the following website: http://parkplanning.nps.gov
From this site, use the drop down menu to select Rocky Mountain National Park. A list of current planning projects will be displayed and you can select the Highway 7 Recreation Improvements Plan. Review comments can be submitted on line.
You can also submit your written comments to us in other ways:
· By mail: Superintendent, Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado 80517
· By fax: (970) 586-1397
· By Express Delivery: Superintendent, Rocky Mountain National Park, 1000 U.S. Highway 36, Estes Park, Colorado 80517
· Hand deliver: Rocky Mountain National Park Headquarters, 1000 Highway 36, Estes Park, Colorado
If you do not have internet access, you can request a printed copy or a compact disk of the plan by calling the park’s information office at (970) 586-1206.
Did You Know?
RMNA has 3,000 members who support the park through their purchases, volunteer efforts, and donations. More...