• Rock Creek

    Rock Creek

    Park District of Columbia

There are park alerts in effect.
show Alerts »
  • October 18, 7:00am - 4:00pm: Waterside Drive, NW Closed

    On Saturday, October 18, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Waterside Drive will be closed from Massachusetts Avenue to Rock Creek Parkway in both directions as well as the alleyway at Waterside Drive and Massachusetts Avenue NW for tree work.

  • October 22, 9:30am to 2:30 pm: Intermitten Beach Drive Closures

    On Wednesday, October 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., there will be intermittent closures on Beach Drive from the Rock Creek Parkway to the Maryland line for line striping.

  • Lane Closure: Rock Creek & Potomac Parkway Southbound in the area of the K Street ramps

    Sept 29 - Nov 30, weekdays, 9:45am - 2:45pm and 9pm - 5am, right southbound (curb) lane closure in the area of the K Street exit ramp to accommdate work on the Whitehurst Freeway bridge over the Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway. More »

  • Evening Lane and Road Closures, Beach Drive

    DC Water crews will be performing sewer inspections on Beach Drive NW from 9:00 pm to 5:30 am through November 28, 2014. This work will require lane and road closures. More »

Join Our Friends

Rock Creek Conservancy

Rock Creek Conservancy (formerly Friends of Rock Creek's Environment) is a nonprofit group working to protect and restore Rock Creek and its waters, parks, and lands.

Rock Creek Conservancy is the only organization that focuses on Rock Creek in its entirety. The creek meanders 33 miles through the Washington metropolitan area, crossing federal lands as well as district, city, county, and state boundaries. Although parkland borders much of the creek, the surrounding development threatens the health and beauty of these natural areas.

Join the Rock Creek Conservancy today by registering on their Website. Please contact Matt Fleischer at 202-237-8866 or mfleischer@rockcreekconservancy.org with any questions.

 

Friends of Peirce Mill

the Friends of Peirce Mill are working with us to raise the needed funds and supply volunteer help to preserve the mill. For more information about the Friends of Peirce Mill and their efforts please visit their web site at http://www.peircemill-friends.org.

 

Alice Ferguson Foundation

The Alice Ferguson Foundation was established in 1954 as a non-profit organization chartered in the state of Maryland. Our mission is to provide experiences that encourage connections between people, the natural environment, farming and the cultural heritage of the Potomac River Watershed, which lead to personal environmental responsibility.

 

Eastern National

Eastern National provides quality educational products and services to the visitors to America's national parks and other public trusts. Eastern National operates 3 bookstores in Rock Creek Park. They are located in the Nature Center, Peirce Barn and the Old Stone House.

 

The Potomac Appalachian Trail Club

The Potomac Appalachian Trail Club is a volunteer-based organization, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia. The PATC was founded in 1927 by the visionaries who planned and built the Appalachian Trail. The club now manages more than 1,200 miles of hiking trails in the Mid-Atlantic region, along with cabins, shelters, and hundreds of acres of conserved land. The PATC conducts trail workshops in Rock Creek Park and helps to maintain our trail system.

 

Friends of Georgetown Waterfront Park

The Friends of Georgetown Waterfront Park (FOGWP) is a nonprofit organization with over 200 members working to raise awareness of the park and support its construction through friend-raising and fundraising. Individuals with an interest in supporting the park are encouraged to contact FOGWP.

 

Dumbarton Oaks Conservancy

Working in partnership with the National Park Service, Dumbarton Oaks, and the greater community, the Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy is committed to making this dream a reality. We welcome your input, ideas and, in time, contributions of time, talents, and money.

Did You Know?

Peirce Mill

Peirce Mill was built in the early 1820's by Isaac Peirce. It operated commercially until the main shaft broke in 1897.