Please see our web page at http://www.nps.gov/rocr/parkmgmt/researchpermits.htm for further information
Special Use Permits
All group activities of 25 or more people in Rock Creek must be registered under a special use permit. For more information call our Special Park Uses Ranger at (202) 895-6000 or e-mail us.
Special Use Permits are issued for small wedding ceremonies ONLY and for three different locations in the Park -
Old Stone House (garden area only), Montrose Park and Meridian Hill.
The fee for a wedding permit is $200.00. The fee is non-refundable.
For more information, go to FAQs #23
, or contact Special Park Uses Ranger at 202-895-6013 or e-mail us
The following picnic groves require reservations: 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 and 24.
PLEASE NOTE: Important changes to the picnic grove reservation system.
Rock Creek Park picnic grove reservations are no longer being accepted by the DC Department of Parks and Recreation. As of March 1, 2014 all such reservations will be made online at www.recreation.gov. No reservations will be accepted prior to March 1, 2014. Visitors will now be able to choose between full and half day rentals. The new rate for 2014 will be $25 for a half day. A half day is from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (or dark whichever comes first). The additional revenue will be used to improve visitor services in the park. Questions may be directed to customer service at www.recreation.gov or at 1-877-444-6777 (10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET). For more information call the Rock Creek Park Permits Office at (202) 895-6013.
Please click here for the picnic regulations.
Sports Field Permits
Reservation required sports fields are located at: Rock Creek Tennis Center - 16th & Kennedy Streets - 4 sports fields and Fort Reno - 2 sports fields.
Requests for athletic field reservations may be completed online through the DC Department of Park and Recreation Permit Office: http://dpr.dc.gov/node/496592 . Fees vary.
The DPR permit office is located at 1250 U St., NW, Washington, DC 20009.
- The office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Walk-Ins: Customers may drop off permit applications or submit payments any weekday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. For general concerns, questions, or comments, the office will provide walk-in hours from 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Customers who wish to discuss any permit issues (Approval, Denial, Pending Request,) or general questions concerning a permit can schedule a meeting or conference call (202) 671-2597 or email: e-mail us.
Special Park Use Permits
- Permits for first amendment rights demonstrations, special events, or filming within any park area in the National Capitol Region (NCR) are required by 36 CFR to be processed through the NCR Park Programs Division. To obtain an application, contact 202.619.7225. For information on Rock Creek Park areas for these permits, contact the Special Park Uses office at 202-895-6000.
- Permits for right of way uses, construction, educational programs (not led by a park ranger) or to use or cross park land are obtained from the Environmental Protection Specialist for Rock Creek Park, 202-895-6000.