The historic Fort Baker barracks, constructed in 1902 to house 109 soldiers, originally had two-story porches on the front elevations. In the 1950s, the army removed the porches, probably due to recurring maintenance problems. As part of the rehabilitation project, the decision was made to construct new, design-appropriate porches back onto the barracks buildings. This photo shows the on-going porch construction process.
Download 2.4 MB