The dollars collected under the Recreation
Fee Program are being put to work:
- $995 million has been approved for over 4425 projects to reduce
the backlog of infrastructure maintenance
- 913 trails projects totaling over $125 million have been approved including
68 projects designed to provide accessible trails
- $350 million in cultural resources projects to rehabilitate historic structures,
restore cultural landscapes and protect museum objects.
- 2000 projects totaling over $400 million for visitor orientation and education
through visitor center improvements, amphitheaters repair and
replacement of exhibits
- More than 1500 projects totaling over $150 million to repair campgrounds,
replace informational signs and fund backcountry user education.