One of San Francisco’s oldest buildings, the modern-day Officers’ Club was part of the original Spanish Presidio constructed in the late eighteenth century. Adobe walls dating to the 1790’s were incorporated into the front wings of the building when it was first rebuilt by the army around 1847. The structure was used from the beginning of the American military’s occupation of the Presidio; early additions also included a wooden pavilion-like assembly room (the Moraga room today) completed in 1885. During the 1930’s, funding from the Works Progress Administration led to the remodeling of the building to include Mission Revival style elements. In the process, substantial remnants of the historic adobe walls were enclosed in lath and plaster and still compose much of the front portion of the building.