Improve Salmonid Habitat in Point Reyes with Stream Team
Join Stream Team volunteers to assist park staff in improving fish habitat for federally listed coho salmon and steelhead trout through streamside restoration. Duties include planting native plants, removing non-native plants, and construction, removal, and maintenance of fences along creek habitat.
Meet in front of the Bear Valley Visitor Center (directions) and from there we will walk or carpool to the day's work site.
Volunteers should bring weather appropriate clothing (dress in layers and wear long pants and closed-toe shoes), lunch and/or snacks, and plenty of water. Tools, gloves, and training will be provided.
Currently scheduled workdays include:
Saturday, December 13: Invasive species removal- CANCELLED due to poor weather
- Saturday, January 10: Juncus sp. cuttings/propagation
- Saturday, January 31: Bank stabilization – planting of willow sprigs
- Sunday, February 8: Replanting of oaks near Rogers Ranch - RESCHEDULED from February 7
- Saturday, February 21: Olema corridor fence removal/Invasive species removal
- Saturday, March 7: To Be Determined
Get outside in beautiful Point Reyes, meet some new folks, and help the fish!More »