Illuminating the Point Reyes Light (2015)
The first and third Saturdays of the month, July 4, 2015, through September 5, 2015. Times will vary depending on sunset. The program used to begin about a half-hour before sunset, but, due to safety concerns, now begins about 1.5 hours before sunset in order for the program to conclude early enough for participants to return to their vehicles before dark.
Experience the Point Reyes Lighthouse just before sunset and dusk, as many keepers have over the years. Participate in a unique opportunity to learn more about the Point Reyes Lighthouse. Space is limited on this popular ranger program. Group size is limited to 8 people.
Call 415-669-1534 after 10 am the day of the tour for times and reservations.
- Wear very warm clothes as the weather is often cold and windy.
- Meet at the Lighthouse Visitor Center. Allow 1 hour to travel from the Bear Valley Visitor Center to the Lighthouse Visitor Center.
- Access for the Lighthouse requires a strenuous descent and ascent of 308 steps.
- High winds in excess of 40 mph will result in program cancellation
- Bring a flashlight for the unlit 0.4-mile walk from the Lighthouse back to the parking lot.
Lasts 1 hour.More »
Tags: Point reyes,Point Reyes National Seashore,lighthouse,Point Reyes Lighthouse