Point Reyes Fire Management will be using heavy equipment on the Inverness Ridge Trail this week.
A recreation advisory is in effect for hiking, horse riding, and biking along the Inverness Ridge Trail (aka Bayview Fire Road) during the week of September 14, 2014. Extra caution in this area is critical while work is in progress. More »
Illuminating the Point Reyes Light (2013)
The first and third Saturday, June through August 2014, except for July 19. Times will vary depending on sunset. The program usually begins on the half-hour before sunset.
Experience the Point Reyes Lighthouse at sunset and dusk, as many keepers have over the years. Participate in a unique opportunity to learn more about the Point Reyes Lighthouse. Space is limited on this popular ranger program. Group size is limited to 8 people.
Call 415-669-1534 after 10 am the day of the tour for times and reservations.
- Wear very warm clothes as the weather is often cold and windy.
- Meet at the Lighthouse Visitor Center. Allow 1 hour to travel from the Bear Valley Visitor Center to the Lighthouse Visitor Center.
- Access for the Lighthouse requires a strenuous descent and ascent of 308 steps.
- High winds in excess of 40 mph will result in program cancellation
- Bring a flashlight for the unlit 0.4-mile walk from the Lighthouse back to the parking lot.
Lasts 1 hour.More »