Operational Changes Took Effect on May 1
The Lighthouse Visitor Center is now only open Fridays through Mondays; closed Tuesdays through Thursdays, including Thanksgiving. The Kenneth C. Patrick Visitor Center will be closed through late December, reopening weekends and holidays on December 28. More »
Visitor Center Winter Hours
Visitor Center Winter Hours took effect on Sunday, November 3, 2013. More »
Reading Room: Photographs: Drakes Estero Wildlife Monitoring Camera - 2010
Below are descriptions of directories containing the Wildlife Monitoring Camera photographs taken of the Upper Estero Far (UEF) harbor seal haul-out site within Drakes Estero during 2010. The camera was programmed to capture images every minute from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and generally operated during the harbor seal breeding season. There may be gaps when there were camera malfunctions, dead batteries, full memory cards, etc.
The photos in the subsequent directories may not currently be displayed in sequential order. We are working on correcting this issue, so changes may be made in the future.
Click on a hyperlinked date or date range below to open up the desired directory. Images are each ~300 KB in size.
Did You Know?
In the mid-1800s, the tule elk was hunted to the brink of extinction. The last surviving tule elk were discovered and protected in the southern San Joaquin Valley in 1874. In 1978, ten tule elk were reintroduced to Point Reyes, which now has one of California's largest populations, numbering ~500. More...