Giacomini Wetland Restoration Project: 5-Year Anniversary Celebration
Saturday, October 26, 2013
The public was invited to join us for the Giacomini Wetland Restoration Project 5-Year Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, October 26, 2013. Participants could choose from a variety of activities exploring the restored wetlands in the morning, and/or learn more during the afternoon symposium. All activities were free and open to the public.
- Birding in the Giacomini Wetlands with Jules Evens and Mary Anne Flett
- Kayaking the Giacomini Wetlands with Greg Kamman
- Hiking in the Giacomini Wetlands with Lorraine Parsons, Rachel Kamman, and Amelia Ryan.
1 pm–4 pm
Red Barn Classroom, Point Reyes National Seashore
- Historical Perspective and Project Significance. Presented by Brannon Ketcham.
- The Changing Hydrology of the Wetlands. Presented by Greg Kamman.
- Evolution of Vegetation Communities. Presented by Amelia Ryan.
- Improving Watershed Health and Productivity. Presented by Lorraine Parsons.
- Waterbird Use of the Wetlands. Presented by Jules Evens.
- Wetland Restoration in the Face of Climate Change. Presented by Rachel Kamman.
- The Power of Partnerships. Presented by Sally Bolger.
Light Refreshments Provided Courtesy of the Point Reyes National Seashore Association.
Download the 5th Anniversary Celebration flyer. (1,235 KB PDF)
Contact Amelia Ryan at 415-464-5227 or by email for more information.
Top of Page