Marysville Pony Express Barn
In 1859, Joseph H. Cottrell and Hank Williams built a stone barn in Marysville, Kansas. In 1860, they contracted with Russell, Majors, & Waddell to lease the barn as a livery stable for the Pony Express. The north end of the structure served as a blacksmith shop and stalls were on the other side.
This stable now serves as a museum. The Pony Express station was located in the Barrett Hotel, on the corner of Eighth Street and Broadway about one block north of the stable.Marysville Pony Express Barn
106 S. 8th
Marysville, KS 66508