Access to Peirce Mill is limited
Due to flooding access to Peirce Mill is limited to the main level. National Park Service staff will continue to be available to answer questions about the mill during normal operating hours. The lower level will be closed until cleaned.
Join Our Friends
The site operated off and on until April 1993 when it was determined that the wooden waterwheel and attached mechanical components were too deteriorated to run safely. As a result, Peirce Mill ceased operating. Currently, it is estimated that $1,000,000 will be required to rehabilitate and reconstruct the waterwheel and mechanical components necessary to operate the mill. Currently the Friends of Peirce Mill are working with us to raise the needed funds and supply volunteer help to preserve the mill. For more information about the Friends of Peirce Mill and their efforts please visit their web site at http://www.peircemill-friends.org.
Did You Know?
Peirce Mill, which was built in the 1820's, is thought to have been constructed on the remains of a previous mill, known as the Deakins Mill