Battlefields can be dangerous places, even over a hundred years after the fighting has ended. For your safety please remember the following:
- Cannons are not playthings. Please do not climb on, try to move or horse around near the many cannons in the park.
- There are 4 types of venomous snakes in the park. If you come across a snake, do not disturb it, and leave the area.
- The park is home to many animals, and they are all protected by the park. Some of them are harmful. DO NOT approach, touch, feed or pet the wildlife in the park.
- Ticks are plentiful in the park. Please protect yourself by wearing socks and pants when hiking, and by performing a thorough check afterwards.
- While you can walk anywhere in the park, including off the trail, please keep in mind that there are holes, abandoned wells, and many other hazards on or below the surface. Keep an eye on your surroundings.