Contact: Wendy Marinaccio, Associate Director for Membership and Donor Development at (415) 561-3051 and email@example.com
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is a membership organization devoted to preserving the Golden Gate National Parks, enhancing the experiences of park visitors, and create a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future.
Levels of Support
- $35 - Park Partner
- $60 - Park Sponsor
- $125 - Park Steward
- $250 - Park Conservator
- $500 - Park
- $1000+ - William Kent Society
- Monthly donors (any amount) - Golden Gate Keepers
All memberships are household memberships.
- Two personalized membership cards
- 15% discount on all product purchases made at the 11 park stores including Crissy Field, Muir Woods, and our webstore
- Personalized address labels featuring Michael Schwab's iconic images
- Invitation to annual Member's Event
- Subscription to Park Adventures, a quarterly listing of hundreds of free park events for every member of your family
- A one-year subscription to Gateways, our informative quarterly newsletter featuring hikes, photos, news and happenings in the parks
- Park E-ventures, a monthly email with updates about the latest news and events around the park
- Reciprocal benefits at other National Parks
- Free cup of coffee in the Crissy Field Center or Warming Hut
- Complimentary audio tours for two at Fort Point
- Invitations to exclusive members-only hikes and tours, giving you special access to the parks' hidden gems
- Invitation to annual campfire with the William Kent Society
- Recognition in the Annual Report
William Kent Society
- Annual Fourth of July Fireworks at the Fort Mason Officers' Club
- Eagle Pass for access to all parks in the national park system
- Invitations to special park events, receptions and openings throughout the year
Methods for attracting new members include:
- Mail campaigns in the Bay Area
- Membership sales in our eight park stores
- Membership brochures distributed to like-minded nonprofits and businesses
- Free e-newsletter - signup available in park stores and on website
- PR and advertising in local publications and targeted publications
Once you gain a new member, ensure they know they are appreciated with a prompt "thank you!" Call as many as you are able in addition to sending an acknowledgement letter.
Focus on donor loyalty and membership renewal. Set the stage for this by reporting back to members throughout the year about the good work you are doing thanks to their gift-starting with a prompt and heartfelt acknowledgement letter and followed up with newsletters, email, or other methods.
Invest in a robust database and create procedures to ensure it is clean so that the data continues to be meaningful and useful.
Online giving is a fast growing channel for charitable donations. Ensure your website has the ability to accept charitable gifts and is kept current on what your organization is accomplishing thanks to contributions.