- Raising the threshold for formal evaluation (vetting) of direct donations to the National Park Service from $25,000 to $250,000;
- Eliminating the formal evaluation of donations from state and local governments;
- Delegating the review of donations of real property to the Lands Office;
- The use of donor certification for smaller direct donations and for real property. (The self-certification form is currently being cleared by the Office of Management and Budget and will be issued separately.)
- Raising the threshold at which a fundraising effort must have a written fundraising agreement.
The changes reflect internal processes for reviewing direct donations to the NPS. Donations received by our partners will continue to be reviewed by partners under the terms of their fundraising agreements. No changes have been made in how donors, including corporate donors, are recognized by the NPS.