The 36 CFR, (Code Of Federal Regulations), along with applicable state and local laws, prohibits certain types of alcohol uses as follows:
- It is prohibited for a person to be publicly intoxicated in regards to aberrant behavior or endangerment to oneself, another person, or damage to property or park resources.
- Carrying or storing a bottle, can, or other receptacle containing an alcoholic beverage that is open or seal is broken, or the contents of which have been partially removed, within a motor vehicle in a park is also prohibited.
- Operating a bicycle while consuming an alcoholic beverage or carrying in hand an open container of an alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
- It is prohibited for a minor to be in possession of alcohol (under 21 years of age) as well as any type of sale or gift of alcohol to a minor.
- It is also prohibited to operate or be in actual physical control of a vehicle/vessel while under the influence of alcohol or a drug, or drugs, or any combination thereof, to a degree that renders the operator incapable of safe operation, or if the alcohol concentration in the operator’s blood or breath is.08 or greater.