Fees & Reservations
The Obed Wild and Scenic River is free for visitors. However, those wishing to camp at the Rock Creek Campground are required to pay a $7 overnight camping fee with the envelopes provided next to the campsite bulletin board. The campsite is run on a first-come, first-served basis, with 11 spaces available. There are no payphones and no electric hookups available at the campground. Port-a-potty toilets are located at the campground.
The National Park Service has designated the following fee free days for 2014:
· Martin Luther King Jr Day - January 20
· President's Day Weekend – February 15-17
· First Weekend of National Park Week - April 19-20
· National Park Service Birthday – August 25
· National Public Lands Day - September 27
· Veteran's Day - November 11
Obed Wild and Scenic River will waive the $7 camping fee during the fee-free periods. More information about fee free days in the National Parks can be found at http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.
Did You Know?
Did you know that the Obed River's maximum flow in cubic feet per second can reach a level of 100,000 CFS after periods of heavy rain? For paddlers, the optimum flow ranges from 2500-3000 CFS.