Fees & Reservations
The Obed Wild and Scenic River is free for visitors. However, those wishing to camp at the Rock Creek Campground are required to pay a $7 overnight camping fee with the envelopes provided next to the campsite bulletin board. The campsite is run on a first-come, first-served basis, with 11 spaces available. There are no payphones and no electric hookups available at the campground. Port-a-potty toilets are located at the campground.
The National Park Service has designated the following fee free days for 2014:
· Martin Luther King Jr Day - January 20
· President's Day Weekend – February 15-17
· First Weekend of National Park Week - April 19-20
· National Park Service Birthday – August 25
· National Public Lands Day - September 27
· Veteran's Day - November 11
Obed Wild and Scenic River will waive the $7 camping fee during the fee-free periods. More information about fee free days in the National Parks can be found at http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.
Did You Know?
Did you know that the Obed Wild and Scenic River teams up with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency to protect not only the Obed River but the adjacent Catoosa Wildlife Management Area?