Questions for Drawing 2
1. Locate this site on Drawing 1.
2. How would you describe the miller's house? Why would it have been built so close to the mill?
3. We do not know the name of the artist but do you think he/she came from Waterford? How do you know?
4. Does this drawing depict the log mill, the wood mill on a stone foundation, or the brick mill?
5. Based on this drawing, how did people get from one place to another during this time period?
* The drawing on this screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Drawing 2, but be aware that the file will take as much as 88 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.