By 1800, when Drawing 3 was created, four more wards had been laid out on the eastern side of the town and two more on the western side.
Questions Drawings 3 & 4
1. Use Drawing 1 as a guide to help you locate the original settlement (the first four wards) on Drawings 3 and 4. Has the original ward design changed with the addition of the new wards?
2. Using Drawing 3, find the location of the garden plots. How does the layout of the plots differ from the ward plan of Savannah?
3. Using Drawing 4, find the burial ground. Does this same feature appear on Drawing 3? Why do you think it was located where it was?
4. Locate the compass for Drawing 3 and Drawing 4. Examine the flow markers on the Savannah River in each one. In which direction is the Savannah river flowing?
* The drawings on this screen have a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Drawing 3 and Drawing 4, but be aware that each file will take as much as 51 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.