in Louisville, Kentucky, 1937.
Questions for Photo 3
1. Look at the photograph for a moment, and then cover it. Describe your first impression of this photograph.
2. Study the photograph for several minutes. What people, objects, and actions are captured in this image? How does the close study effect your first impression?
3. What was the WPA? When did it exist and what did it do? List some of the work opportunities provided by the WPA.
4. Do you think the WPA was successful in helping people? Give reasons for your opinion.
* The photo on this screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 3, but be aware that the file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.