This photograph was taken in 1978, over a decade after the last students attended the school in 1967. The Freeman School, now operated by Homestead National Monument of America, appears today as it did in 1978.
Questions for Photo 1
1. What kind of material was used to build this building?
2. Is there anything notable about the front window and doorway?
3. Is there anything visible from the exterior of this building to suggest that it once was a school?
4. How many classrooms were in this building?
* The image on this screen has a resolution of 72 dots per inch (dpi), and therefore will print poorly. You can obtain a larger version of Photo 1, but be aware that the file will take as much as 30 seconds to load with a 28.8K modem.