United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| San Antonio Missions: Spanish Influence in Texas
relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 1: Three Worlds Meet (Beginnings to 1620)
- Standard 1D- The student understands the differences and similarities among Africans, Europeans, and Native Americans who converged in the western hemisphere after 1492.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the stages of European oceanic and overland exploration, amid international rivalries, from the 9th to 17th centuries.
- Standard 2B- The student understands the Spanish and Portuguese conquest of the Americas.
Era 2: Colonization and Settlement (1585 to 1763)
- Standard 1A- The student understands how diverse immigrants affected the formation of European colonies.
- Standard 1B- The student understands the European struggle for control of North America.
- Standard 2B- The student understands religious diversity in the colonies and how ideas about religious freedom evolved.
- Standard 3A-The student understands colonial economic life and labor systems in the Americas.
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 2E- The student understands the settlement of the West.