United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Castolon: A Meeting Place of Two Cultures relates to the following National Standards for History:
Era 6: The Development of the Industrial United States
(1870 to 1900)
- Standard 1C- The student understands how agriculture, mining, and ranching were transformed.
- Standard 2A- The student understands the sources and experiences of the new immigrants.
- Standard 3A- The student understands how the "second industrial revolution" changed the nature and conditions of work.
- Standard 4A- The student understands various perspectives on federal Indian policy, westward expansion, and the resulting struggles.
Era 7: The Emergence of Modern America (1890 to 1930)
- Standard 3B- The student understands how a modern capitalist economy emerged in the 1920s.
- Standard 3C- The student understands how new cultural movements reflected and changed American society.