United States History Standards for Grades 5-12
| Life on an Island: Early Settlers Off the
Rock-Bound Coast of Maine relates to the following
National Standards for History:
Era 2: Colonization and Settlement (1585 to 1763)
- Standard 3A-The student understands colonial economic life and labor systems in the Americas.
- Standard 3B- The student understands economic life and the development of labor systems in the English colonies.
Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 1A- The student understands the international background and consequences of the Louisiana Purchase, the War of 1812, and the Monroe Doctrine.
- Standard 2A- The student understands how the factory system and the transportation and market revolutions shaped regional patterns of economic development.
- Standard 4C- The student understands changing gender roles and the ideas and activities of women reformers.