U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service
1. See Appendix E.
2. U.S. Public Works Administration, America Builds: the Record of the PWA (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1939), p. 73.
3. There may be no surviving copies of this publication, but it is discussed in the September 1933 issue of Architectural Forum, pp. 222-230.
4. Federal Works Agency, First Annual Report (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1940), 9-10.
5. Ernest Mickel, "Washington Topics," Architectural Record 114 (November 1953): 38.
6. "Branch Post Office, Denver Colorado," Architectural Record 112 (August 1952): 152; and Ernest Mickel, "A Washington Report," Architectural Record 116 (November 1954): 12-13.
7. Ernest Mickel, "Washington Topics," Architectural Record 116 (September 1954): 38, 304.
8. See Appendix B for the National Register Criteria for Evaluation.
9. We also recommend referring to Researching a Historic Property, and pp. 30-32 of Guidelines for Local Surveys: A Basis For Preservation Planning for sources of information on local history.
10. See National Register Registration forms and How to Complete the National Register Registration Form for lists and definitions of areas of significance used by the National Register.
12. See How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation5 for definitions of the seven types of integrity and a more detailed discussion of how to apply them.
13. See Appendix A, CFR 36 Part 60, How to Complete the National Register Registration Form, or How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation for a full list of properties requiring special consideration.
14. See Guidelines for Evaluating and Nominating Properties That Have Achieved Significance Within the Last Fifty Years for a more detailed discussion of evaluating less than 50 year old properties.
15. See How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation and How to Complete the National Register Registration Form for more detailed discussions of historic districts.
|National Register Home | Publications Home | Previous Page ||