The Anderson Building, Douglas County, Nebraska
The Anderson Building, constructed in 1924, is a mixed-use three-story brick and terra-cotta Sullivanesque building located among other two to three story multiple bay/multiple lot commercial and apartment buildings on the Southwest fringe of downtown Omaha. The Sullivanesque style of architecture derived from the buildings and writings of architect Louis H. Sullivan. The Anderson Building represents the only type of apartment building that developed in Omaha as a response to the need for commercial as well as housing space. All other apartment building types were completely residential in nature. Overall, the building still conveys the feeling and association of a typical Omaha commercial apartment building of the 1920s.
Read the full file
See our Weekly List
Recent Weekly Highlights