|The Lawrence Warehouse was built in 1914-15, adjacent to Southern Pacific Railroad's R Street industrial corridor at 1108 R Street to serve as a warehouse for the shipping, receiving and storage of a variety of goods. The Lawrence Warehouse is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion C, due to its design by master architect Clarence Cuff, and as one of an increasingly rare remaining building type for its age, and Criterion A, constructed in the early 1900s to accommodate Sacramento's substantial early 201h century growth, during its evolution into statewide significance as a major railroad transportation hub and distribution center. As an example of a type, the Lawrence/CADA warehouse building is one of the earliest reinforced concrete buildings in Sacramento. When completed in 1915, it was widely celebrated as one of Sacramento's first fireproof' buildings. The property is significant at the local level with a period of significance of 1915-1940.