|The Old Collier County Courthouse, now Everglades City Hall, located at 102 Copeland Avenue North, is a two-story Neoclassical Revival style building that was built in 1928 and modified in 1948 and 1956. In 1948, major changes were made to the portico and an addition was constructed to the rear of the courthouse. Shorter two-story additions were constructed on the northwest elevation in 1956. The building remained in operation as the county courthouse until 1962 when the county seat was transferred to Naples because of damage done to the building by Hurricane Donna in 1960. The Everglades City government moved into the building in 1963 following repairs made to the damage caused by the hurricane. The old courthouse was struck again by Hurricane Wilma in 2005 and appeared destined for demolition, but was spared by funding by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which restored the building to its 1956 appearance in 2007. The building currently houses the Everglades City government offices. Other features of the property include a contributing monument located on the southeast corner erected in 1928 that commemorated the opening of the Tamiami Trail. A similar noncontributing monument was erected on the southwest corner of the property on January 27, 2007, to celebrate the restoration of the building. A noncontributing flagpole on the southeast of the property was erected in 1969.