|The North Palestine Baptist Church meets National Register under Criterion C in the area of Architecture as a locally rare and virtually intact example of a late-nineteenth century rural church building with both Classical Revival and Gothic Revival elements . The building is locally significant as one of the two oldest known extant church buildings in Benton County and the only church building in Benton County with architectural elements from the Classical Revival style of architecture, albeit blended with the Gothic Revival .. . 3 Although a simple design, the church's central entrance with pediment and paneled surrounds show clear reflection of classical antecedents, and its tall, four-over-four windows and steeply-pitched gable roof refer to the spare Gothic Revival tradition so often used on mid- to late-nineteenth century rural church buildings. According to church records, the North Palestine Baptist congregation had the building constructed sometime between April 1882 and March 1884, nearly twenty years after the 1856 division of the Corvallis Baptist church created the North Palestine Church. The building also meets Criteria Consideration A as a (former) religious institution, and Criteria Consideration B, as it has been relocated from its original location several miles distant.