|The town of Silver City includes four main historic districts. The Silver City Historic District (SCHD), representing the core commercial downtown, the earliest and finest residences of prominent settlers, and important public buildings such as the Grant County Courthouse, which was the town's first National Register district listing in 1978 (#375377). The Chihuahua Hill Historic District is located to the south; North Addition to the north; and, Black's Addition to the west-ali adjoining the SCHD. The Big Ditch or San Vicente Arroyo is the site of the original Main Street, which was destroyed by a catastrophic flood in 1895. Today, the Ditch creates a ribbon of green space with sizable trees and parkland that is an amenity to the town, and serves as the eastern boundary of the SCHD. This amendment and small boundary increase includes an extension of the period of significance, which originally ended in 1930, to 1960. The south end of Bullard Street, which includes the Bullard Hotel, the Texas-Louisiana Power Plant, the Silver Liquor Company Warehouse, the Ice Storage Building, and the Home Furniture Building was excluded from the early district listing. However, these resources, which fall within the new period of significance, warrant inclusion based on their location, historic integrity, and strong associations with the railroad boom of Silver City. This last block on the east side of South Bullard is being nominated as a boundary increase to the Silver City Historic District for local significance under Criterion A for Community Planning/Development and Criterion C for Architecture as intact examples of a railroad-era hotel, power plant supplying electricity to the town and nearby communities, and warehouses used for storage of important commodities. These resources reflect Silver City's early twentieth-century growth and reveal the influence that the railroad had on commercial development. The new period of significance also allows the inclusion of many important landmark buildings that date from between 1930 and 1960 and were considered neutral in the original nomination. These historic resources are interwoven with the late nineteenth and early twentieth century building fabric, and reflect the growth experienced in Silver City between the Depression and the years following World War II. The added resources represent evolving taste in design and style, new building technologies such as the abundant use of steel casement windows and even curtain walls, and Silver City's move toward modernization. These resources, too, are eligible for inclusion under Criteria A and C.