|The Kirby Road School is significant under Criterion A for its association with the Cincinnati school system's implementation of educational reforms during the Progressive Movement in Cincinnati. Various changes were made resulting in a new school that provided a broader range of teaching, classroom, and school site reforms that addressed the educational development of schools in general and within the Cincinnati neighborhood of Northside. Beginning with its construction in 1910 and continuing into the late 1960s and 1970s, these reforms continued to address the primary school needs of the northern portion of the neighborhood of Northside. It is also significant under Criterion A for the role the school played in the physical and cultural development of the community. With residential development of the neighborhood, especially during the late-19th and early-20th century, the community required a new modern public primary school that functioned with the existing Salmon P. Chase School in fulfilling the public educational needs of the community. As Northside developed, matured, and maintained its neighborhood vibrancy into the 1970s, the school was an active contributor to and facilitator of a variety of neighborhood functions beyond those basic to the educational role of a school. These included activities that resulted from the school being open to numerous community wide programs and events. In addition, the school is significant under Criterion C for its architectural distinction associated with its Neo-Classical Revival-inspired design and for the high level of intact original design integrity. The building is one of a very few Neo-Classical Revival schools designed for the Cincinnati school system during the early 20th century.