|The Sutton Community Hall is significant to the people living in the Sutton, Eska and Jonesville areas, eleven miles east of the City of Palmer in south central Alaska. The residents worked together in 1954 to find a site and a building, build a foundation, and move the building to have a gathering place. For over forty years after it was moved to the site in 1954, the Sutton Community Hall was used by residents as a social hall, public meeting site, place to vote, and emergency shelter. The hall represents the start of a community and was important in development of civic life for area residents. The period of significance is 1954, the year the hall opened at Sutton. The criteria consideration for moved buildings does not apply because the building is being nominated for its significance at its current site which happened more than fifty years ago.