|Built in 1912, the Cobb Memorial Library is historically significant in the area of community development as Truro's first town-owned public library, and for its association with the evolution of the library system in Truro. Cobb Memorial Library remained in use as a public library until 1999. It is now the town's historic archive. The building was given to the town by Elisha Wiley Cobb in memory of his parents Elisha W. and Mehitable Cobb. The donor was a Truro native who became a leather merchant in Boston, but also owned a house in Truro that had been in his family since it was built ca. 1727. The Cobb Memorial Library is architecturally significant as an excellent, rare, and well preserved example of the Craftsman style in Truro. The architect is unknown, but the library is the only nonresidential building in Truro designed in this style. The Cobb Memorial Library retains integrity of location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, and association, and it meets National Register criteria A and C with a local level of significance. The period of significance is 1912 to 1963, begining when the library was constructed and ending 50 years from the present, a time frame established by the National Park Service as adequate for objective historical perspective.