|The Prospect House, originally constructed as an inn in 1887 and remodeled as a Georgian Revival styled single-family house in 1929, is locally significant under Criterion C in the area of architecture within the statewide context of Tourism and Recreation in the Lake Regions (1870-1945). The property has been in the ownership of the same family since its construction, and was owned by Ernest C. and Kathrina Wilkins at the time of its renovation. Foss and Broaten Architects of Fergus Falls, Minnesota completed the design. The house, along with the 1929 garage and circa 1929 child's play house, vividly display the revival of interest in authentically recreating early American architectural styles, in this case the Georgian Revival style, a sub-set of the Colonial Revival. This style was the dominant architectural idiom for residences during the first several decades of the twentieth century. During this time, it was also popular to modernize Victorian era houses to appear as traditional Colonial homes, going great lengths to induce authenticity. In the case of Prospect House, the elaborate front entry surround design and much of the fatyade faithfully replicate Mrs. Wilkins' 1772 ancestral home in Deerfield, Massachusetts. Prospect House remains one of the finest local examples of the style and uniquely illustrates the revival of interest in the authentic expression of early American architectural styles.