|Calvary Baptist Church is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places for local significance under Criterion C for Architecture as a well-designed and well-preserved example of an Early 20th Century Neo-Classical style church. Built in 1929 with additions in 1948, 1958 and 1976, the Calvary Baptist Church campus is a notable example of this style and period of architecture in Jackson, Mississippi. R. H. Hunt, a significant regional architect, designed the original 1929 building. While there are other Neo-Classical style buildings located on East Capitol Street in Jackson, Calvary Baptist Church is an outstanding example of Neo-Classical Revival architecture on West Capitol Street in West Jackson, where the city expanded as population grew in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The period of significance, 1927, 1948 and 1958, is when the current church campus was constructed and expanded to accommodate the needs of a growing community. The period also represents a time when the Neo-Classical Revival style of architecture thrived, especially in buildings of civic and religious institutions and in the Southern Baptist Convention.