|The Pittsburgh Terminal Warehouse and Transfer Company complex was built in the early twentieth century by Pittsburgh's industrial elite as a speculative warehouse facility. The complex provided warehouse and office space in an intermodal complex accessible by water, rail, and roads. The combined railroad terminal, general warehouse and office space, and cold storage facilities were designed to be a self-contained facility emphasizing Progressive ideals of efficiency, economy, and scientific management. Built during a period of intensive economic development in Pittsburgh in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, the complex is eligible for National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) listing in a local context under Criterion A for Commerce and Criterion C for Architecture. The deftly layered classical motifs and finely-wrought brick details of its Renaissance Revival architecture elevate the appearance of the complex above more mundane warehouse examples. The period of significance runs from 1906, when construction of the Pittsburgh Terminal Warehouse and Transfer Company complex was completed, to 1960, when the complex's major post-World War II tenant left the building.