|The Lenoir Downtown Historic District Boundary Increase expands the boundaries of the 2007- designated historic district to incorporate four contributing resources erected on three tax parcels encompassing 0.64 acres between 1937 and 1948. Dayvault's Drug Store, the 0. P. Lutz Furniture Company and Lutz Hosiery Mill, and the Center Theater manifest Lenoir's economic resurgence as the country recovered from the Great Depression. The 1941 Center Theater, designed by Hendersonville architect Erle G. Stillwell, is architecturally important as an excellent example of the commercial Art Moderne style in Lenoir. The commercial building at 122 Boundary Street reflects the need for new storefronts as the city grew during the post World War II era. The locally-significant Lenoir Downtown Historic District Boundary Increase meets National Register Criteria A and C in the areas of Architecture, Commerce, and Entertainment/Recreation. The boundary increase's period of significance begins in 1937 with the Dayvault's Drug Store's construction and ends in 1959, the same date as the original historic district.