|The Bourne High School, also known as the Kempton J. Coady Junior High School, possesses significance at the local level under National Register Criteria A and C in the areas of Education and Architecture. The period of significance begins in 1905, when the building was constructed, and ends in 1962, to reflect the current 50-year cutoff date for National Register eligibility. Under Criterion A, the building is significant for its association with the early development of Bourne's public education system. It was built in 1905 as the town's first separate public high school; middle-school students also used the building until 1925. The large two-story brick building with a rear cross-gable (now called the connector) was one of the first schools on Cape Cod to reflect the modern trend toward school consolidation. A gymnasium wing was added to the rear of the building in 1934, at the same time that fire damage to the main block was repaired. Following the construction of a new high school in 1961, the building served as a public junior high school until 1991. Since 1992, it has been leased to the Waldorf School of Cape Cod, a private educational institution. Under Criterion C, the building is a well-preserved example of both the Colonial Revival style and early 20th -century American high school architecture. The original two-story, rectangular brick building under a hipped roof has a central projecting cross gable and a symmetrical seven-bay facade. It is connected by a gabled hyphen to a two-story, side-gabled, rectangular brick addition with a projecting hipped-roof vestibule. Typical Colonial Revival detailing includes a denticulated cornice, arched windows, and brick belt and corbel courses.