|The Rose-Daughtry Farmstead (WA-329) meets National Register Criterion C as a distinctive type of construction, a farmstead. The Rose-Daughtry farmstead is locally significant and displays. the typical qualities of an agricultural complex constructed by a prosperous owner in 1879 and used by his immediate family until 1949. Builders used architecture in the nineteenth century to illustrate status and wealth in the Pennyrile region as well as throughout the United States (Martin , 1988). This farmstead is an important example of a domestic agrarian complex in northeastern Warren County that was utilized by James Rose, his daughter Mattie, and his son-in-law Charles Daughtry from 1879 until Mattie's death in 1948. Further, the complex illustrates that Bowling Green and Warren County had recovered sufficiently since the end of the Civil War so that sufficient wealth existed for an attorney to construct his farm. The key to Rose's existence six-and-a-half miles from Bowling Green's Courthouse was his large Victorian house, office/summer kitchen and jail/agricultural outbuilding-all constructed with limestone foundations and brick walls. The other outbuildings, the buggy shed/garage/root cellar and the coalhouse are frame while the remains of the well and cistern are secured with protective coverings. Each dates from the 1880s to approximately 1910 and was integral to the family's domestic survival. Each structure and building within the proposed boundaries relates to the farmstead's success as the headquarters of the farm operation. Judge Rose and his heirs leased fields to relatives and to tenant farmers. No written documentation has been uncovered yet to verify the use of prisoners at the farm, but both the buggy shed and the jail/agriculture building have barred windows. The Rose-Daughtry embodies the characteristics of a successful agricultural enterprise albeit one where the majority of the funding for construction came from Rose's work as an attorney. As such, the farmstead's significance can be evaluated within the historic context of Farmsteads in Warren County, Kentucky from 1879-1949.