• Ice crystals form on ground vegetation


    National Preserve Alaska

Doing Business With The Park

Commercial Visitor Services

Engaging in or soliciting any business in a national park requires a contract or other written authorization from the National Park Service. If you are interested in doing business in Noatak National Preserve but are unsure of the type of authorization you need, please contact us directly or contact the Alaska Regional Concessions Office.

Commercial Use Authorizations

A Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) authorizes suitable commercial services to park area visitors in limited circumstances. The term of a CUA may not exceed 2 years and no preferential right of renewal or similar provisions for renewal may be provided. Most commercial activity within the park takes place under this type of authorization. Contact the Alaska Regional Concessions Office to apply or make changes to a CUA. For questions regarding specific park operations, please contact us directly.

Special Use Permit

Non-profit organizations bringing visitors should apply for a special use permit at least one month prior to your visit. To apply for a special use permit, email or call Dan Stevenson in the Kotzebue office.

Concession Contract

Some commercial services offered in national parks are provided through formal concessions contracts which are solicited and selected through a competitive process. For more information about this type of permit in national parks of this region, visit the Concession Contracts page for the Alaska Regional Office.

Did You Know?

27 caribou, with tails held high, leave a gravel bar to splash and swim across a blue river on a fall day.

The Western Arctic caribou herd is comprised of about 370,000 caribou, making it North America’s largest. These “nomads of the north” travel through Noatak National Preserve twice a year during their long trek between southern wintering areas and northern calving grounds.