Home > News
NHL News & Events
- On September 30, Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell announced the designation of 9 new National Historic Landmarks. To learn more about these properties, please consult our Fall 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- Program update: All National Historic Landmark nominations are temporarily inaccessible as they are currently being transferred for scanning. Between September 1, 2014 and October 3, 2014, a blackout period will ensue in which we cannot access paper or digital records for these nominations. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- In celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, we are pleased to highlight one of our most recent National Historic Landmarks associated with Hispanic culture in the United States, The Hispanic Society of America Complex in New York City.
- Did you know? There are 28 National Historic Landmarks related to the War of 1812, which was fought between 1812 and 1815. As commemorations of the 200th anniversary of this event continue, we invite you to learn more about the role that these sites played in the conflict.
- On April 27, 2014, PBS NewsHour Weekend did a short segment about the four newest National Historic Landmarks. To learn more about these properties, please consult our Spring 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- On April 23, 2014, Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell announced the designation of 4 new National Historic Landmarks. You can read the NHL nominations for the newly designated properties on our Spring 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- The National Park System Advisory Board Landmarks Committee held its spring meeting on May 28-29, 2014, in Washington, DC. Please visit our Spring 2014 Landmarks Committee meeting page for additional information.
- The Intermountain Regional Office has released its Heritage Partnership Program reports for 2013. We invite you to learn about National Historic Landmarks Program activities in the Intermountain Region.