Home > News
NHL News & Events
- Did you know? There are 28 National Historic Landmarks related to the War of 1812, which was fought between 1812 and 1815. As commemorations of the 200th anniversary of this event continue, we invite you to learn more about the role that these sites played in the conflict.
- On April 27, 2014, PBS NewsHour Weekend did a short segment about the four newest National Historic Landmarks. To learn more about these properties, please consult our Spring 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- On April 23, 2014, Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell announced the designation of 4 new National Historic Landmarks. You can read the NHL nominations for the newly designated properties on our Spring 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- The National Park System Advisory Board Landmarks Committee will hold its spring meeting on May 28-29, 2014, in Washington, DC. Please visit our Spring 2014 Landmarks Committee meeting page for additional information.
- The Intermountain Regional Office has released its Heritage Partnership Program reports for 2013. We invite you to learn about National Historic Landmarks Program activities in the Intermountain Region.
- The National Park System Advisory Board Landmarks Committee met in Washington, DC for its fall meeting on December 17-18, 2013, at the Charles Sumner School Museum and Archives. For copies of the nominations considered and further details about the meeting, please visit our Fall 2013 Landmarks Committee meeting page.
- Amateur photographer Britta Burmester, of Linden, New Jersey, is the winner of the 2013 National Historic Landmark Photo Contest with her painterly landscape photo of Fort Hancock at Sandy Hook, part of Gateway National Recreation Area. Find out more about the winner and 12 honorable mention photos on the NHL Photo Contest page or visit the gallery at Flickr.